5 Makeup Mistakes and How to Fix Them.

08:03

Hello Everyone,


Big thanks to you guys for the love, support and taking your time to read my blog posts. I appreciate it💋



“I don’t work with a stylist, I don’t work with a glam squad to get me together for the red carpet, I really enjoy the time it takes to do it myself, to choose my clothes and do my own makeup and my own hair.”
– Dita Von Teese



NG-[A_BA[HEAL_HAIR_ALLB]:Hair_728x90


Today I want to share some makeup mistakes beauty lovers(including me) make and how to fix them.
I'm not a professional, I've made these mistakes myself and I find that it affects the skin and even your makeup results. So I thought I should share.

Mistake 1: Wearing The Wrong Foundation Shade.

Your face is usually the first thing people see when they meet you. If you wear foundation, it is very important that you get the right shade. Your foundation and even your face powder should not be one shade lighter or darker than your skin tone.

The right shade of foundation for your skin will blend in smoothly on your skin but the wrong shade will leave your neck, chest and your face looking like they belong to different people.


This is an old photo of me wearing a foundation that is one shade lighter and it doesn't look good as you can see.

Finding the right foundation shade is not a difficult thing to do.
When you want to purchase a foundation, always ask for samples to try on your face to find your match.

It is also important for you to test the samples on your skin in natural daylight because it will reveal how a particular shade looks on your skin. I personally move toward the window where I can get  enough natural daylight to see.

In order to get your right shade you can try the samples on your neck( especially if your neck and face are slightly different in colour) or on your jawline.
    Source:Pinterest

Another tip is to apply samples using your finger tips. I don't like to use the brushes in the beauty stores because it might have been used on other customers and so it is not clean.
Remember you are looking for your true match, so you don't need the foundation mixing up with any other foundation shade on the brush.

Mistake 2: Wearing Makeup On Dry And Flaky Skin.

Applying makeup on dry and flaky skin will only make the flakes very obvious and leave your face dusty.

See the difference in these photos.
 In the first photo(by your left) my foundation blended perfectly but in the second one it did not.(I didn't exfoliate for some time)
Please take a close look


Exfoliating and moisturizing is very important to maintain a smooth skin for your foundation to lay on and blend perfectly. The scrub removes dead skin cells and allow the new skin to come up. This is where moisturizing comes in to keep the new skin healthy and fresh looking. It is best to scrub and moisturize at night(at least once a week)

     Source: wikihow
I use a home made sugar scrub to exfoliate then I follow up with my home made coconut oil and sheabutter mixture to moisturize. I wrote a DIY on that.( sorry I couldn't add the link but you can read that by searching the blog or go through my previous posts)

You can use any facial scrub and mosturizer of your choice.

Another point I'll make about moisturizing is that you should always apply a moisturizer before you makeup. This is very healthy for your skin.


Mistake 3: Poor Or No Blending

Blending cannot be overemphasized. 
Do you ever wonder why your makeup looks poorly done? It's possible that you don't blend well enough.
According to Bimpe Onakoya( L'oreal  West Africa artistic director), blending is the key, so blend! blend! blend!.

     Source: indianfashion.guru

You shouldn't apply foundation, concealer and even eyeshadow without blending it.

Blending is the technique that differentiates the pros from the crowd( I made that line up but it's just the truth,lol). It is the key to professional looking makeup.

Foundation (whether cream or liquid) can be blended with a foundation brush, beauty blender and your finger tips. 
So make sure to blend that makeup when you apply.

Mistake 4: Blushing Wrongly.

If you've seen blush on some people's cheeks, then you'll understand what I mean by "blushing wrongly".LOL
Please don't blush on the apples of your cheeks. 

    Source: Chayo Mata

That's what people did in the days of Methuselah( I can hear you laugh so hard)

The right way of applying blush is sweeping it with a blush brush along the
Cheekbone.

    Source: Chayo Mata
And not in excess. Just rub your brush slightly on the blush and then blend on you cheekbone.
 There's no need to go blush crazy, well, unless you are going to a haloween  party or you want to achieve something dramatic.

Mistake 5: Sleeping  With Makeup On.

I must confess that I was so guilty of this. Some days when you get back home so exhausted, you just fly into your bed till the next morning. This is very bad for your skin. You probably knew this before reading this post. Sleeping with your makeup on will not only cause breakout but it makes you age by clogging your pores and causing wrinkles.

Removing your makeup will allow your to skin to breathe and rejuvenate just as the skin needs. 


    Source: lxedit.com

It is best to remove makeup with a makeup remover. They come in wipes  and liquids. Whichever ever one you use is fine.

And then wash properly with water and soap.

    Source:heeyfashion 

I hope this post has been a source of enlightenment to someone.
I'd like to know what beauty mistakes you know and how to fix them

Kindly drop your comments in the comment box below.
I'd love to hear from you





You Might Also Like

0 comments

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.
Let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you and don't forget to follow me,it will make my day.